"The Lord asks..." An Isaiah 6:1-8 Call to Worship

The Lord asks, 
“Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”
Into communities experiencing the pain of homelessness, hunger, and poverty.
“Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”
Into a mission field that is in dire need of Christ’s love.
“Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”
Into the world as the church to break down the walls of injustice and undo the divisions caused by fear of the stranger.

“Here am I; send me!” 

The old and the young, the energetic and the exhausted.
“Here am I; send me!” 
The rich and the poor; the unemployed and the overworked.
“Here am I; send me!” 
Servant leaders; employees and employers, stock brokers and broke shelf-stockers, CEOs and custodians, legislators and landscapers, doctors and duct workers, oil industry executives and gas station attendants.

Holy, Holy, Holy Lord! God of power and might. Heaven and earth are FULL of your glory. Hosanna in the highest! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the LORD. Hosanna in the highest!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call to Worship: "The Good Samaritan" Luke 10:25-37

A Litany for All Saints Day

Call to Worship: Traveling (Luke 10:1-11, 16-20)